It's Official!

Even though the title suggests that something super exciting has changed in my life, I assure you that things are still happy and the same. What is exciting is that THIS is my first official blog post! Yipee!! I'm still not 100% sure how all of this works but I am ready to share in the fun of blogging. I hope to share my joys, fears, and sorrows and just anything that comes to mind. I love to cook, bake, create, sew, read, attend church (and help with the children), relax, play with our dog, spend time with my husband and much more (not exactly in that order of course). I find that I am an old lady at heart and wish life was a little more simple with not so much technology (even though I'm being hypocritical and creating a blog, lol). If I could move to Montana and live in the middle of nowhere with a bible, my husband, and our dog and not worry about money I would in a heartbeat. I imagine the view from our ranch looking something like this:

Or this:


But as of right now I feel pretty confident since Travis wants to work with cattle that I'm hoping to be on a farm in Iowa close to family so at least maybe I will get that country landscape with beautiful green grass. Just without the amazing mountains in the background. :) Its funny how certain things in life can change you. I went from wanting to have a super high profile career wanting to work on the 60th floor of a Chicago high rise building to wanting the peace and serenity of living on a farm with my husband and (hopefully) many children. I think its the freedom that comes with knowing God is my savior that I don't have to live up to the worldly expectations people have. I can be myself!

As my "about me" states I've been through some rough times in life mostly when it comes to love and relationships, but with amazing friends, family, and coming to know Christ I wouldn't be the woman that I am today. I would love to mentor young women someday about love and relationships and what I've been through, but I'm just waiting for God to show me the way for that opportunity to arise. I'm also in the Air National Guard and work at the medical unit as an Optometry Technician once a month. I am very blessed to have a full-time job out of college since so many people are struggling right now. I work at an apparel and paper printing company and although it has its ups and downs I do enjoy working for a small company that has room for growth and change. I think I am still adjusting to the full-time world and realizing that work is not perfect and things don't change in an instant.

I hope that you enjoy my posts and I pray that sharing my life will reach other people and give them a small glimpse into my super simple (some may call boring) world. :)

3 comments:

  1. Colby, what a great idea! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have your mind set and aren't going to let anyone tell you what you should be doing. Do your own thing and you will always be happy.

    ReplyDelete