Hair Trials

As I've stated before my favorite new website is Pinterest.com and it rocks!! You can find all sorts of new, fun, creative ideas on the website. I've recently been craving to try new things with my hair and there have been a ton of cute ideas on Pinterest from, braids, no heat curls, sock buns, cute updos and a ton of other things. My hair is starting to get very long and will probably just get longer. I'm also not very good with making my hair look cute so it typically just goes up into a ponytail. I haven't done very much with my hair with cutting or coloring because I'm trying to save money and cut back on my hair appointments which would typically for most girls cost around $150 a session and if you do that once every quarter then you've spent almost $600 on your hair and thats money that could go towards debt or something else more meaningful in your life. Not that your hair isnt important but finding my new freedom in Christ I know that its not about what other people think of me because I know that all my friends, family, and God would love me just the same even if I lost all my hair.

So I definitely don't want people to stop getting their hair done because getting pampered is super amazing and worth it sometimes. The things that I'm wanting to try are different ways to curl my hair or wake up and have my hair already done. So the two things I tried recently are the no heat curls first with the headband method and second with the sock bun. Here is some semi-scary pictures of me as I documented my trials :)

 Here is the video for the first method that I found on Pinterest/YouTube


 My Trial
My hair the night before.

Taking it out the morning after! I had some MAJOR curls because I used thin strips of hair. I'll have to remember to grab bigger chunks next time. I possibly could have done something with this but I choose to just wash it out and go to work with wet hair. :) Oh well.

Hair trial 2 - The Sock Bun:
Method came from this video - 
Night before:


 I've rolled my hair into a sock and the hair isnt covering the whole sock but I read somewhere that its ok that way (this is my second attempt at this since my first turned out a little frizzy and strange). I love this method by the way because its so comfortable to sleep in since my long hair can get tangled and annoying sometimes during the night.
 It turned out fairly good and curly but I'm going to give it another try.
The curls didnt last too long in my hair since my hair is very thin so I might need to wet my hair more before I put it in the sock or use some products in it the night before.

I guess if at first you don't succeed try try again :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your hair IS getting really long! Also, I love that you are trying these, I am always really curious about if they actually work but I'm too stupid with hair to try to figure them out. I'm sticking with the baking experiments for now, haha!

    Do more posts like these! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete