Relaxation and Apple Pie

So this weekend was wonderful! We didnt have anything planned or scheduled so Saturday we were able just to relax at home and catch up with some much needed cleaning, organizing and just good old sitting on the couch and watching tv (We got rid of our cable by the way and its awesome not having it!!) We went to see our friends new baby Georgia Lou and she is such a cutie pie. Then we had a date night and went to dinner!


Then today was wonderful as well. We went to church and enjoyed Josh's sermon on how demons can so easily get into your life by addictions and even when things are going well. The devil always seems to break you down or mess up your happiness. Then we went to Sam's Club which I haven't been there since I was young and it was so much fun getting to sample all the food in every isle. I think we had hot cider, spiced sausage, a corn dog and a piece of pizza. :) You can really eat lunch or dinner there if you wanted! I got so excited because there must be some sort of addiction with buying things in bulk. I found some awesome home made Amish noodles in a huge bag so we bought those and tons of other random items and normal things like detergent.

So I've been super obsessed with the most amazing website ever called Pinterest and it is so much fun to just browse the photos and ideas! I've found a ton of neat dinner ideas, hair ideas, and DIY ideas. Tonight for dinner I cooked chicken and rice (moms classic recipe) with a new corn casserole recipe that I found from Pinterest. I thought it was really good although for some reason my consistency didnt look quite as fluffy as the recipe picture. Travis loved it of course, but I think he is pretty easy to please. Plus I'm my harshest critique Here is my finished corn casserole:

http://penniesonaplatter.com/2010/11/24/corn-casserole/

I also wanted to make an apple pie so I found a recipe from Betty Crocker that seemed pretty easy. It was fun to make but my lattice work definitely need some perfecting since this was the first time I've ever mad a pie and pumpkin pie doesn't count since its so easy. In the end it was pretty good but I felt like it needed a little more moisture or juice in the middle it was a little dry but still tasted pretty good. I felt like documenting my process since it was my first time! :)

 Getting all my items ready
 Had fun mixing the filling (maybe it needed more sugar or something)
 Making the semi-complicated lattice work
 Finished product (some of my lattice pieces broke and my edges are super ugly) 
I need to work on the details.

Here is where I got the recipe in case your interested: (their pie looks way better)
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/fresh-apple-pie/880b6895-4081-4c52-bbc1-ab07f721785e


No comments:

Post a Comment