Target Maxi Dress Refashioning

I purchased this dress from Target with the intention to fix it up. I bought a medium which was a little bigger at the top but had the length that I loved! The size small was pretty tight and not as long. So even though I bought it at full price I know that it will be a piece that I will wear again and again!

Before Target Dress

Before
As you can see the top was a little baggy in the front and back. It also had a halter top and I really like regular straps. So I measured the straps and sewed them to the back. I also took it in an inch on both sides to tighten the back so it wasn't loose.

Measured distance between my bra straps and mirrored that

Took it in an inch on both sides
Afterwards it fit MUCH better and I felt very comfortable with the new straps. With the regular straps it looks more like a normal black dress instead of a casual beach dress.

Final
Final
The other thing I recommend to EVERYONE no matter what size you are is to purchase a pair of Super Higher Power Spanx!! They make a huge difference and really help you feel more beautiful. It just pulls you in and smooths all our lovely curves particularly in the belly and butt area. It also helps you feel comfortable in your own skin no matter what your size. I think everyone that owns a maxi dress should own a pair of Spanx. If you live in Ames go buy them from Pure Bridal!

Final with Spanx

Final with Spanx
Since my dress is black its kind of hard to see but I felt amazing and super secure! If you need more persuasion check out the video here of before and afters. Its amazing the difference!

Happy Refashioning!
Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment